Saturday 10 July 2010

Story so far and a reality check

Well I'm on Day 6 and so far so good!  Don't get me wrong, I'm not going to lie and say it's been really easy because it hasn't.  It's been tougher than I thought but I know I can do this.  Despite the fact I would happily mug an old lady for a chocolate bar right now, I do feel better in myself.  I feel a bit slimmer.  My skin feels fresher and most importantly, I feel a bit happier inside too.


I've actually enjoyed following the meal plan and finding healthier versions of my favourite foods.  Check out the version of KFC I had for tea last night!  It was so tasty and loads of fun to make too.


Exercise has become a regular fixture in my days recently too which is bizarre.  I cancelled my gym membership not so long ago because I never went - the thought of it was bad enough.  Now, the £30 a month I was paying is going into my "treat fund" (I'm buying myself treats for certain weight loss milestones) which is so much better for me!


Yesterday I went for a 5K walk along with some toning exercises and I've done the same today.  I've also helped mow the lawn, fantastic for your waist and bingo wings you know!  All of this is free.  How have I not done this before?  I now park on the top shelf at work too (top floor of the car park) even when there are spaces closer to the entrance.  I'll walk over to someone at work instead of emailing them.  All these things must make a difference surely?


Interesting experiment with a daft i-phone app called "FatBooth".  One part of my eating disorder I struggled with was self perception.  Even though I know I'm fat, I always perceived myself as even fatter than I was.  I thought that part of my brain was fixed but last night proved it wasn't.  Take a look at the picture below.  I genuinely thought that was a picture of me.



Steve had to keep showing me the actual picture he'd started with to convince me that it wasn't.  The picture below is the actual picture of me.  Quite a reality check I must say.


OK don't get me wrong, I'm no Kate Moss but it's worrying how huge I perceive myself to be.  Maybe my head isn't quite as fixed as I thought it was eh?  Guess these things take time.

No comments:

Post a Comment