Sunday 4 July 2010

Race for Life and my race for...a better life

Well I did it!  Did the 5K Race For Life today with my partner in crime Lizzie.  As my knee is swollen like a balloon (it was like this before I even started the race) I made the decision to walk round, as did Lizzie.  We had a great natter and a few more things have clicked in my head about why I need to do this.  My swollen knee being one of them.  Supporting my weight can't be doing it any favours can it?  Check us out after finishing.  Someone replaced Lizzie with an LA superstar.  Someone really needs to sort this out, my mate Sydie was replaced with one not so long ago too!



We also had a chat about goals and how maybe one of the reason we fail so miserably with weight loss is because we set stupid goals.  From now on, I'm going to start setting myself small achievable goals and work towards those instead.  I'm going to have three goals, one exercisey, one clothing related and one weight/inch loss related.  As I achieve them (because I will), I'll set new ones sort of along the same lines.  Here's my first lot...
  1. Be able to do ten pressups.  Proper ones, not the girly ones
  2. Wear a pencil skirt and look hot
  3. Get to 14st 7lbs.
As I give Rosemary Conley's Amazing Inch Loss Plan (I swear I should be on her payroll the amount of mentions I give her!) another bash tomorrow, I've been shopping to make sure I have plenty stuff in so I've no excuses to deviate or eat garbage.  First thing's first, I'm eating off a smaller plate (a la Paul McKenna, he reckons your brain gets tricked into thinking you're eating more) and I have teeny cartons for salad dressing (fat free of course).


Next comes a fridge full of healthy goodies...


Then comes some good old-fashioned studying!


Oh and as it's signed, I better had do myself proud this time!


Ooh I can't wait to get cracking and I think I'll have a big curry with all the trimmings this evening to wave goodbye to all this lard.  Some things never change eh?!

No comments:

Post a Comment