Saturday 3 July 2010

New Home and preparations for Sam's Challenge


After just over 12 months of posting my ramblings here, I've decided to move my blog.  I've had a bit of an overhaul recently, changing from a blondie to a redhead, so I thought I'd give my blog an overhaul too!  I posted on my old blog yesterday about a new start and thought this would be the perfect time to move.


I'm now a whopping 15st 1lbs after spending the last year trying to get out of the "14's" and losing/putting on the same stone.  I've reached the conclusion I wasn't really ready to lose weight as I was doing it for the wrong reasons.  I could go into the psycho babble about "self destruction" and "self sabotage" but I think the truth is I just couldn't be bothered!  Blaming your weight for everything that's wrong in your life doesn't really get you very far.


My mate Sam has set me the challenge of getting out of the 14's in time for my other mate Sydie's wedding on the 8th August.  The reward will be buying lots of clothes at the Trafford Centre on the 1st August.  My punishment if I don't succeed will be watching Sam buy lots of clothes at the Trafford Centre on the 1st August!


Given the fact that I'm much heavier than I thought I was when I actually agreed to this challenge, I've a feeling I'll be watching Sam buy clothes!  I can still try my best thought can't I?


In line with my usual "diet starts on Monday" philosophy, I shall be royally "getting on it" on...funnily enough...Monday!  I'm going to have a bash at loosely following Rosemary Conley's Amazing Inch Loss Plan.  Last time I started this, I lost 6lbs in my first week!  I just got a bit fed up and gave up on it because my heart wasn't really in it.  I'm going to head to the supermarket tomorrow and get everything in for the week so I've no excuses.  Hopefully I'll save a bit of cash along the way with not buying the utter garbage they sell at the canteen we have at work.


These little beauties are also coming out of retirement...


For those who don't know, they are Rosemary Conley's genius Portion Pots which stop your eyes being bigger than your belly.  Ever made stupid amounts of pasta or rice?  Not with these bad boys!  In line with the Rosemary Conley theme, I'm also going to be starting to use the Magic Measure currently acting as a dust-catcher on my dressing table.





Basically, the different colours are for different parts of your body.  The bigger ones stay where they are and you get to move the little ones along as you lose inches.  Fun eh?  I used this so much I didn't even attach my start ones last time!


Wish me luck folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment